The Pastoral Department for Small Christian Communities (SCC) of the Archdiocese of Hartford is a nonprofit organization. Our mission is to promote and support small church communities and the doing of every parish activity in a reflective and relational way for the sake of building parishes where people regularly help each other connect life and faith.
- To promote the establishment of the Small Christian Communities in each parish of the Archdiocese of Hartford via parish visits, information evenings, training workshops.
- To provide leadership formation of Small Christian Communities through workshops and retreats.
- To provide support material, e.g., faith sharing material, management material and newsletters.
- To provide support and encouragement through periodic deanery and diocesan gatherings.
- To collaborate with existing diocesan offices and agencies whenever possible in order to meet above goals.